Monday, May 13, 2013

It just hit

I've been ready for college to begin since I graduated from 8th grade. I didn't want to go to high school at all and was quite vocal about my wish. I never really fell for a high school school and so with pressure from others I picked my safety school, Ursuline. I realized I wasn't meant to stay so I transferred. I can remember thinking freshmen year would never end. At the time that's how it felt. Once done with my first year of high school I was dreading 3 more years of it. Life threw some curve balls and I ended up at St. Marks. Admittedly, I have quite a few poor judgments of the school but the people are the main reason why I'm laying in bed, feeling an ache inside that I can't get rid of. Is this what it feels like to be sad about moving forward?

I was certain that the second I graduated my life would become so much better. I mean, I didn't plan on having any connections with anyone so I could run out of here. Don't ge me wrong, I'm ready to chuck up a peace sign to little ol' Delaware but it's biting me that there's really no time left. It's ending. Please don't imagine me wailing and sobbing because I'm not. I'm just feeling a sudden realization that I had quite a few relationships that I hadn't realized were so important to me and close to my heart. Yeah, here comes the gushy stuff but deal with it. Anyways, senior year and this high school are finally ending. With all the joy that that brings to me I'm still in a weird state of shock I guess that it's finally over. Not really certain that this will count as a blog but I plan to relate it to AP Lit class now so I'm hoping that it'll count as one. Our AP Lit class had so much fun together. I mean we joked around and I say with confidence I laughed during every class. I met some new people and deepened existing friendships. There were days though I didn't want to be there but the people got me back on track. I'll never forget some of the memories from the class and the people I've gotten to know through it.  Simply, I'm going to close with the thought that 4 years ago I wanted to head to college but looking back I'm glad I've made the full journey to this point. I've enjoyed he people I've met. Thank you to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment